Monday, September 22, 2008

Things are looking sunnier

Well...things are looking sunnier and happier for us. We had a nice day on the beach yesterday. Brayden wasn't thrilled about the ocean and the waves, but he eventually was comfortable holding my or Matt's hand while jumping over the waves. Layna, on the other hand, is a little fish. We had to keep a close eye on her or she would have walked into the middle of the ocean by herself. Brayden and his cousin Ashley get along VERY well. Let's just say, they have similar personalities and as a result, get along well.

Brayden is on the mend as far as his cold, and it only lasted about 24 hours for Layna. So, they are sleeping well, eating well, and moods are improving. Brayden still struggles to wake up in the morning, but he just isn't a morning kid. I am so glad they are feeling better...they are at the point where we don't feel any meds are necessary. Hopefully Matt and I will not come down with it. I don't think I will, but Matt has a tendency to catch the kids' sicknesses.

The only problem about our day on the beach...Matt, Michael and I are VERY sunburned! I should know better by now, but was more worried about the kids. Let's just say...it's painful.

Today, we went out to breakfast, hit a souvenir shop and then the indoor hotel pool. The kids had a blast, and are now napping before we head to a Japanese restaurant for dinner. The prices at the souvenir shop were great. We bought 5 t-shirts and two baseball hats...total was only $30ish. The kids shirts were buy one get one free as were mine! I may go back and get some more since I was expecting to spend at least $50.

Tomorrow we are planning to hit the Aquarium...I am very excited about that. I think the kids will LOVE it. Wednesday, we start our trip home.

I want to post pictures...I really do, but we don't normally store pics on our laptop. I have over 300 to upload and don't feel like waiting for it all to upload. Sorry, you all may just have to wait until we get home.

2 comments:

Ruthanne said...

Yay! Glad the kids are feeling better and you guys are having a great time!

Jennifer said...

Wow, I'm impressed! A road trip with 2 little ones! Sounds like you're having a lot of fun. But next time, remember sunscreen for yourselves! Ouch!

--Jennifer (Daniel's mom)