Saturday, July 26, 2008

FFF - Friends!

Ok, so it is Saturday...I am a bit behind! The theme for FFF is Friends. If you would like to see any more FFFs, click here.









So, my last post was about Brayden being sick CONSTANTLY. I want to thank everyone for ALL of the great advice. Brayden has been taking a daily multivitamin for about three weeks now, I am PUSHING LOTS OF FLUIDS and enforcing more hand washing. The cold I mentioned in my last post was very short-lived and he simply has a minor lingering cough. I am definitely going to keep all of your great advice in mind for future doctor visits. Investigating allergies and his tonsils and adenoids are my next step.

As for Layna, I STILL have not heard anything about her EKG. I plan to call the doctor on Monday to find out why we haven't heard anything. I am hoping that this falls under...no news is good news!

In other news....Matt and I are enjoying a relaxing kid free weekend. My parents very graciously offered to take the kids for the weekend. We dropped them off late yesterday afternoon, and my parents will be bringing them back tomorrow afternoon. What have we done with our time so far...We went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner last night followed by wandering around the mall because we stuffed ourselves SILLY! It was WONDERFUL to eat a hot meal and not have to cut anyone's food up! LOL When we got home last night we watched a few of our DVRed programs and went to bed early. We slept in until 10:00 today...that's right...10:00. It was AMAZING!!! We both worked out upon getting up, showered and headed to see a movie. We saw Step Brothers, which I HIGHLY recommend to those of you who are not easily offended. The humor can be very crude at times and there is A LOT of foul language. Now, we are just hanging around the house enjoying the peace and quiet and thinking about what to do for dinner.

I cannot thank my parents enough for giving us this quiet and restful weekend...it was much needed! We love our children dearly, but everyone needs a break sometimes!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!!!! Enjoy your time without kids!!!!!! Im jealous!

Marianne said...

Your FFF are great! Thanks for sharing. A weekend without the kids is sometimes just what the doctor ordered. Enjoy!

Robyn said...

How sweet!! Have a great weekend!!

Robyn

Megan said...

I'm glad that your weekend is so relaxing.

Tina said...

The pics are cute! glad you guys got some quiet time alone. I got a whole kid free afternoon with my Mom which was also great. You are definately right that everyone needs alittle break every once and awhile. Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Our Family of 5 said...

I am so jealous!! Think your inlaws will take mine for the weekend? LOL

Sarah said...

I'm jealous too! Glad you had a romantic weekend together and the kids had fun with their grandparents! And, of course, the pics of your kids are too cute as always!

Melaina said...

These are just too cute!!!!