Saturday, January 5, 2008

Prayers Needed Please

I am posting this message to reach out to all of those that believe in prayer. I received a phone call this afternoon with news that one of my uncles had a massive heart attack and passed away just this morning. This was a very unexpected phone call as my uncle was a very healthy man. This news is heartbreaking for so many people...his wife, his son, his daughter, his parents, his sister...

What makes this situation even more heartbreaking is what happened to this family not even a year ago. Some of you may remember that a cousin of mine had gone missing and was eventually found deceased in March 2007. His father is the man that just passed away. So his family is suffering such tremendous loss right now, and I can't even imagine the pain and sorrow they are all feeling...there are no words.

So, please if you have a minute and believe in the power of prayer, please pray for my aunt and her children that God give them the strength and courage to survive such great losses in such a short period of time. Please pray for my mom (my uncle's sister) and my grandparents (my uncle's parents) that they may have the strength to support my aunt and her son and daughter in this time of need.

Thank you everyone!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Amy, sorry to hear of your loss. Praying for your family right now. Huge hugs being sent your way.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for your family's sudden loss! I am certain your cousin was there to meet your uncle--their reunion must have been glorious! Take care and know that your family will be in my thoughts in the days that follow...