Sunday, April 12, 2009

Please pray..(EDITED).

May he Rest in Peace
Cooper
April 9, 2002- April 13, 2009

Cooper passed away this morning (Monday, April 13) at home in his favorite place...the backyard. Cooper suffered from a terminal tumor on the heart.

____________________________________________________


...for our sweet dog, Cooper. I have tears pouring out of my eyes as I type this and I feel helpless. Let me start at the beginning...

Yesterday (the Saturday before Easter) my parents came over for dinner and we cooked some wonderful steaks on the grill. After dinner, Cooper got a hold of one of the bones. He has never had a meat bone before. Fastforward a little over 24 hours (Easter Sunday)...Cooper began displaying some unusual behaviors. He was walking with his back hunched up and everytime he would sit down, he would immediately stand back up clearly out of discomfort. He was panting a lot, licking the air, his ears were tucked back and he just looked sad and uncomfortable. At that time, Matt thought Cooper's stomach seemed a bit enlarged/swollen. Immediately, Matt and I thought about the bone he ate and wondered if he was having stomach or intestinal problems from it. After talking for a bit, we decided the best thing to do was take Cooper to the 24-hour emergency vet near the house. To our surprise, the vet believes the bone eating incident is coincidental to the symptoms Cooper is displaying. His stomach is not, in fact, swollen. She did discover that Cooper has a very weak hearbeat and pulse. She believes he has an inoperable tumor on his heart that is terminal. Further testing needs to be done to officially diagnose the problem.

I am asking everyone for prayers. Cooper is an amazing dog and we love him dearly. Unfortunately, not only do we have Cooper's health and best interested to consider, we also have to consider our financial situation into and and all decisions made with regard to Cooper's health. Please pray for the Lord to put his hand on our family and lead us to the right choices and decisions through the next couple days. Please pray for the Lord to show us what we need to do. Please pray for the Lord to give Cooper peace and comfort in this difficult time. Please pray...we are very, very sad right now.

I will conitnue to update the blog (and facebook) as we continue to deal with this devastation.


11 comments:

Robyn said...

I am so sorry. I will definitely be praying!!

Tina said...

Amy I am so sorry about the loss of your dog. It is so hard to lose a pet...I will pray for your family.

Anonymous said...

AWWWW im sooo very very sorry..cooper is such a pretty dog and soo young!!!!

hugs,leslie

Megan said...

I'm so sorry Amy.

Kelly said...

I am so sorry for your loss, you are all in my prayers.

Jill said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for you and your family.

merkley4 said...

I am so sorry!!! Our prayers are with you family.

Tracy said...

I am very sorry to hear about your dog. I know how sad you and your family must be right now.

Robyn said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!!

Robyn said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!!

Little Ladybug Designs said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...