Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fun Times at Navy Pier

Matt, the kids and I met up with Tina, Greg, Toby and Lili (from You Guata Believe) at Navy Pier yesterday. They were in Chicago for Greg's job. We had a great time despite a few kinks in our plans. When I suggested meeting at Navy Pier I knew there was a Children's Museum that would be a lot of fun. So, I thought we would walk the pier, hit the museum and then head to the beach. Well, Matt was on-line Tuesday night and says to me "Did you realize the Children's Museum is closed this week for cleaning?" Obviously, I did not notice that or I wouldn't have suggested we go there...duh! Then, of course, the weather changed our plan to hit the beach. Tuesday it was 95, but yesterday was overcast, slightly rainy and in the low 70s.

So, we met at the Pier and had burgers and hot dogs for lunch first. From there, we walked up and down the pier letting the kids run around and play. Toby and Brayden got along very well...their personalities are very similar. Layna and Lili...well they are only 1...so, they did their own things. It was a lot of fun watching the kids having such a great time being free. The boys did have a turn riding Thomas the Train...however; Toby did not like it so much. He was fine until the train started moving. After the train ride, we headed to the carousel which was ridiculously expensive, so we skipped it. Then, off to the "futuristic" McDonalds which we all agreed was not very futuristic at all! We had some cold beverages, some ice cream and fries. As we were finishing up, we noticed a little pirate show going on right outside of the McDonalds. So, we popped a squat and enjoyed the show. Brayden even participated...a little video clip will be included with the photos.

We had a great time and are glad we could coordinate it. Tina and Greg...we hope you had fun despite the closed museum and overcast weather.

So, I had a REALLY hard time narrowing down the photos I wanted to include...so there are lots. If you make it to the end you will be rewarded with the cute, but short, clip of Brayden in the pirate show!


Uh-Oh!!!


Brayden looking at the water while we were waiting for the You Guata Believe Clan!


Brayden wouldn't smile...so we opted for "angry faces"


Layna LOVES pointing at things...she is always pointing at something trying to say something important.


Mama Kisses...so Sweet!!!


The girls eating their lunches looking so cute in their Lili Cakes Bowtique bows...made by Tina of course!


Boys and their food...the mess on the floor was CRAZY! We did notice that the girls made the bigger mess though!


I think we should go.....here!


Come on...let's go everyone! I am not getting any younger!


Mmmmmm....they all look so yummy!


And they're off!!!


I can reach...I really can!


I LOVE this picture...


You can see them plotting their escape over the rail and into the water. Little do they know....THEY CAN'T SWIM and won't get very far!


Now they are thinking...locate the destination first, then make a break for it!


Could their little buts be any cuter in those jeans???


Pretty Layna


Pretty Lili


Layna pointing at something!


Lili on the move!


Brayden and Toby ready for the Thomas ride to start!


Toby realized Thomas is moving and wanted out!


"Driving" the boats!


Brayden crashed almost immediately upon sitting in the car seat! He was one tired puppy.


No more pictures, please mama!

Let me explain the video a bit. The pirates are playing a game, we will call it Land, Sea and Air. When the "hostess" says land, the pirates have to be behind the "plank" (piece of wood laying on the stage). When she says sea, the pirates need to be in front of the plank. When she says air, they jump. So, basically it is a game of following directions. The first segment includes just the pirates, the second segment includes audience participants and the final segment includes different audience participants inlcuding Brayden. Enjoy...it's not very long.



6 comments:

Christina said...

I LOVE the Navy Pier...the atmosphere is really neat.

How close do you live to that area. My oldest Kelsey is 30 mins max from there.

Tina said...

We had a blast even though the plans didn't work out. It was so great to actually get to see you guys and let the kids hang out. The pics are great and I too had to many hench the slide show. I'll sned you the Ohio links as soon as I get home. Thanks for the fun day!

Candy said...

Hey girl I am so sorry about your Grandpa...his situation touched my heart...as my Grandpa at 82 kept falling caused by a rare lung condition...He will be in my prayers. HUGS

Ruthanne said...

What a fun day! Isn't it crazy loud in there when the pirate show is on? I was on overload the day we went down there. I'm bummed that I didn't know about the Thomas ride. Guess we'll have to go back. :)
Kelly (Cashcrew) went to the futurist McD's when they were here and her oldest said that the only thing futuristic were the prices. lol Smart kid!
Glad you guys got to meet up with friends and have such a fun day!

Todd Kurn said...

It's great to see that you guys were all able to get together. What a nice way to catch up and see how much the kids have grown and changed since the first time we met them in Guatamala.

Evan and I had a great visit in Gatlinburg, TN, with Greg, Tina and Toby last year in July (wow, a full year ago - how time flies). Then during Guatoberfest 2007, Amy, Evan and I got to visit with Beckie, Chris, Garrett & Elena here in Atlanta.

The internet works wonders too and allows us all to keep up-to-date electronically.

Hannah said...

I LOVE Navy Pier!! We love it, love it, love it!

It looks like the kids had a blast! How many cute kids can you fit in one little post :)

Hannah