Wednesday, July 9, 2008

EKG....Say what???


What do you mean...my heart sounds funny???



So, we were at the doctor's office again today. At least this time it was a well visit. We were there for Layna's 15 month check up. Everything is great. She is 28.5 inches tall (5th percentile) and weighs 22 lbs 11 ozs. (50th percentile). So, my daughter is short and chubby...we all knew that, right?

Anyway, as the doctor is listening to her heart he comments that he hears a murmur. Ugh...her we go again. I know murmurs can be nothing to worry about, but the doctor was concerned about the location of the murmur. It was in the upper right side...not the typical location of a "not-to-worry-about murmur". So, off we went to the hospital for an EKG.

Layna did soooo well for the EKG...she just sat there and watched the ladies stick stickers to her and attach wires to the stickers. Brayden was the one we had to keep a close eye on. He was fascinated and wanted to keep touching everything.

Anyway, it will probably be a few days before we hear anything. Based on the results of the EKG, the pediatrician will determine if we need to see a cardiologist or not.

Please say a prayer that everything is fine...thank you!

10 comments:

Tina said...

Oh goodness Amy...when it rains it pours. I will say a pray that it is good news.

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

I am praying that you hear good news soon. I so hope it is a "not to worry about one".

Keep us posted.
(((((HUGS))))
The Hs

The M. Herndon Family said...

My 6 year old son Max had to have an echocardiogram (basically an ultrasound of his heart) when he was about 15 months because the doctor heard a murmer. Everything went fine, he got to watch "Finding Nemo" while the echo was being done! Praying that your daughter's murmer will be nothing serious. Hang in there!

Ruthanne said...

oh how scary! I will definitely be praying. Let us know when you hear from the dr. Big {{{HUGS}}}

Our Family of 5 said...

Sending loads or prayers!! Keep us posted!

Christina said...

Praying all is well with Malayna.

Kels and Dom are going to Triton for 2 yrs and then will be going elsewhere...ugghhh.

Kathy said...

I will keep Malayna in my prayers and her Mommy and Daddy too!

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers..

Much luv,Leslie

Das Mutter said...

Done. :)

Robyn said...

I will be praying!!

Robyn