Monday, March 31, 2008

Brayden Laughing and Layna's 1st Birthday Party!

I LOVE this video clip...Brayden's laughing is so contagious, I can't help but smile!
BTW...there is nothing making him laugh other than himself.

(As always with video clips...you may want to scroll all the way down my blog to pause the music playing in order to hear the video clip better.)





Now for photos of Layna's birthday party. Everyone had a great time, and I think the party was a success. Layna was a bit overwhelmed and crabby at times, but overall, she enjoyed the party too. I still can't believe that she is 1 already.



The cupcakes and cake I made for Layna's party. I was so proud of my Elmo cake at Brayden's 2nd birthday that I have decided to make the cakes for all of my kids' birthdays from now on. It's a lot of work, but very rewarding when finished.



The birthday girl hamming it up for photos before the festivities begin.



Playing with Grandpa Thompson.


Playing with Layna's friend Kate and her mom Jen! The girls really got a kick out of each other.


Playing with toys while more guests arrive.




Present time! Layna had moments of interest in opening presents, and moments of distraction. Thank you everyone for the wonderful gifts!






Let's eat cake! Layna wasn't too sure what to make of her cake at first. I think everyone looking at her and taking photos was a bit overwhelming. She eventually used her sippy cup to help her eat her cake, but did prefer to be held and fed.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I am really impressed with how great your cupcakes and cake look! Josh and I were trying to figure out if you bought the cupcakes or made them. I think you have a talent!

Great photos.

Katie said...

That giggling is adorable ! Happy Birthday Layna !!

Our Family of 5 said...

Ok, High five girl for the adorable cake and cupcakes! Great job! Brayden laughing put a huge smile on my face and how precious Miss Layna is! Happy Birthday Miss Layna!

AMY, ROB, JAY, DREW & EMMA said...

It looks like you guys had a great day! I am so impressed with the cake and cupcakes! WOW you are such a good Mommy...my poor little ones get store made ones. There is NO way I would be able to make anything that would turn out as well as yours! You are talented!
HAPPY B-lated Birthday Layna!

Ruthanne said...

The cake is BEAUTIFUL!! Great job!!
What an adorable laugh!!