Tuesday, November 20, 2007

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't take it anymore, so I e-mailed our NY attorneys to see if they had heard anything about the birth certificate. Here is the response that I got...word for word...

"It was recieved on Friday and mailed out to you as well. Guatemalan Passport by this Friday then next week to US Embassy for 2nd DNA...Embassy is cloed Thursday and Friday.
Happy Holidays
Jaime"

WE HAVE OUR GUATEMALA CITY BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WILL BE GOING TO GET OUR GIRL VERY SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Jaime stated in his e-mail, we will be submitted for the 2nd DNA test next week. Once the test is performed and the results are in, the U.S. Embassy issues us an appointment date...looking at the calendar, we are guestimating it to be the week of the 17th. It could be sooner and could be later, but we are definitely down to the wire now!!! I will continue to post updates as we hear them. Thank you everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers. Our prayers are being answered!

Lord, please bring my baby girl home for Christmas!!!!!

5 comments:

Megan said...

That is the best news!

Braedensmommy said...

Amy, I am so happy for you!!
When I logged in, the track "In my daughters eyes" started up and I got goose bumps!
Your little girl is coming home!!!!!!!!!!

Becca said...

How wonderfuL! What a terrific feeling. I'm sure your Holiday Season will be one you will never forget!

Unknown said...

Of course it will be that week because December 17th is my birthday!! Amy, remember Shousie-Mousie saying,"My birthday's on August pour-teenth; it's coming up!?" And I've been thinking about Alec calling the Golden Arches "AcDonald's!" God, our kids drove us bonkers but they were so sweet!!! I really miss teaching with you and I'm so happy about your most recent Malayna update!

Our Family of 5 said...

Fantastic News Amy!!