Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...

...well, things have been pretty busy here now with the new puppy and nice weather. We are spending A LOT more time outside. I am working hard on getting our pup trained, but the task is a bit overwhelming to me right now. She just turned 8 weeks today, so I have time...but now is the best time to get it going.

Since we have been spending so much time outside there have been days in which Brayden has skipped his nap. I have been wondering if he was growing out of his nap, but it is clear to me that he still needs his nap more often than not. Skipping it now and again is fine...but I notice changes in behavior and mood if we skip it too often. I am including a little video clip of what happens to Brayden at dinner time when we spend the whole day outside with no nap and a video clip of Brayden's newest accomplishment!

I am also going to include a few cute pics of Layna of course! I am in an undecided mode about her bangs. I am feeling like growing them out again because they grow so fast and we can't seem to find someone that can trim them up nicely. I tried this before and then gave up...but, I think this time I am going to try to stick to it. She will just have to pull them to the side during the icky stage. She looks so pretty with her hair out of her face. I also recently took her earrings out (they had been in for a year)...I am now regretting that decision. Taking them out made her aware of her earrings and now she will not leave any in. She takes them out all the time. My mom and I bought her so many cute earrings to wear too. She even pulls out the ones her ears were pierced with...and they are hard for me to get out! Hopefully they won't close right up without earrings in for now.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Brayden's Accomplishment
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow




6 comments:

Megan said...

I can't get the video to play for some reason (maybe it's my browser?) but the pictures are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Yeah just put a clip in baby girls hair and before you know it they will be long and we can see her pretty face!!!!

I hate when tots give up naps..GOODTIMES!

Amy said...

Megan...I changed the videos...I don't know what was going on. I couldn't get them to work either. Now, they are working for me. Thanks for letting me know.

Hannah said...

adorable...I could only get the video to play for a minute...but it looked like we have a bike rider on our hands!! Way to go!

Love the pictures...I still go back and forth on Sophia's bangs.

Das Mutter said...

Ahhhh, no nap. You know I've been living with that for a year and half now! LOL It's tough...takes them a long time to work through this stage. Summer will help...I hear 6pm bedtimes are all the rage.

Ruthanne said...

oh my goodness....I can't believe how old Layna looks!!! Absolutely beautiful. :)