Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Catching up and some flashback photos!

Wow, I sure have been neglecting my blog lately...I think Facebook is taking over my life!
So, Layna has some BIG news! She is wearing BIG GIRL UNDERWEAR! Yep, you read that right...NO MORE DIAPERS (except overnight)! She is doing great...better than I ever imagined. She goes when we tell her and occasionally tells us when she has to go. Having a big brother to look up to has definitely helped in the toilet training department with Layna. Is it possible??? Are we almost DONE with diapers??? Whooooot!!!
As usual, we have had our fair share of sicknesses over the past few weeks. Both kiddos recently had bad colds with ear infections. Brayden is just about better, but Layna still has a crazy rash lingering. The only lingering issue for Brayden is trouble sleeping at night. Some nights he sleeps no problem, but then all of the sudden we will have a few nights of him waking three, four, five, six, seven+ times during the night. We really don't know what is going on, but we are going to watch a few food items that he eats (I am seeing a connection between certain food items and his sleep pattern) and talk to his ENT. A while back, the tube in Brayden's right ear came out. Since that happened, his right ear is getting infected with just about every cold/sickness that Brayden has encountered. I am wondering if this might also be contributing to the sleep issues. We shall see. I took Layna to the doctor about the rash last week. The doctor said the rash is probably just part of the virus and it needs to run its course. He said it could last another week or so. Fortunately, she doesn't seem to be in any discomfort from it. I can't wait for it to go away though. Matt and I are managing to stay pretty healthy.
Layna has her 2nd birthday coming up...I can't believe she is going to be two already. She is growing up way to fast. We are doing a cupcake themed birthday party this year, and we can't wait to celebrate with family and friends. Additionally, I took Layna for her two-year-old portraits over the weekend and she did FANTASTIC! The pictures turned out adorable, and I can't wait to pick them up. Brayden is going this coming weekend...let's hope he is as cooperative. I may try to get the two of them together as well. It all depends on cooperation.
I (we) are so ready for spring to arrive...the winter blahs have come over me BIG TIME...I don't even want to take photos much lately. The weather is all over the place...one day it is freezing outside, then it is almost 60, then it is raining, then it is cold again. Well, you get the idea. I am ready for some consistent nice weather so we can play outside often.
Brayden's park district class has come to an end. He absolutely loved going and really connected with one of his teachers, Miss Tiffany. I am so glad he loved it and had opportunities to do so many fun things. Funds are tight right now, so we couldn't afford to enroll him in anything at this time...so, it is all on me to make life fun, education and exciting. He will be attending preschool in the fall.
That about sums it up for now...of course, I am including some photos. I felt like reminiscing a bit, so here are some photos from this time over the last few years. I can't believe how much the kids are growing up!

March 2006...Our first visit with Brayden in Guatemala! Could he be any tinier and cuter???


March 2007...A wedding in Minnesota.


March 2007...Welcome to the world Malayna, born March 30, 2007.


March 2008...Backyard fun!


March 2008...Growing up so quickly! She had been home with us just a few short months in this photo!


March 2009 (well, the end of February)...such a pretty young lady!


March 2009 (again, actually the end of February)...such a sweet face!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

They were so tiny and cute...now they are so big and still cute!!

Good job on the big girl panties...I am putting it off as long as I can :)

Das Mutter said...

We're so excited (and a bit envious) of the diaper free household you are nearing so quickly! Way to go, Layna!

Tina said...

Amy I soooo get where you're coming from. I think ths has been the worst winter so far for me. Between the weather and the sickness I can take no more. Spring needs to get here now.

Love the pics. I can't believe how much our kids have grown. Where does the time go?

Susie said...

Still adorable....and I love the new pink bedding! Susie