Sunday, February 8, 2009

Going to the lodge...The Great Wolf Lodge

We just got back from a long weekend at The Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin. The resort has an indoor (and outdoor) water park, arcade, indoor play area, etc....We had a blast, but the weekend did not get off to the greatest start...We have/had been looking forward to this trip for about six months. We made the reservations with some friends of ours waaaaaaaayyyyyy back. As the trip got closer we became more and more excited. Unfortunately, Tuesday morning Matt woke up with a terrible stomach bug and we were leaving Thursday. Let me just say, panic set in and I was freaking out that we would all be sick for the trip. However, luck was on our side and Matt's sickness was very short-lived and the rest of us stayed perfectly healthy. So, off we went. We had a very smooth ride and the excitement really set in when we arrived. We all got settled in, put our suits on and headed to the water park. About 20 minutes into being at the water park, I asked Matt for the camera. A look of panic comes over both of us as we realize it is in the pocket of his swim suit and he is completely submerged in the water and has been for quite some time. Let me tell you...I was hearbroken. How could I survive a weekend without a camera! Matt insists the camera will be fine and our friends agree to give us a disk of the pictures that they take...phew...at least I am not without pictures. The camera, well...I will get into that more later. Long story short...we have a blast swimming, playing, eating, sleeping, swimming, playing, eating, sleeping, swimming, playing, eating, sleeping...well, you get the picture. We had a GREAT trip and I have put together a little photo/video montage for you viewing pleasure. How do I have pics already, you ask? Well, Matt ran to Wal-mart to pick up some "dinner supplies" and came back with a brand new camera for me. He felt very badly. You want to know the best part??? This morning, we tried the old water logged camera and it is back to normal! Works perfectly...so, the new camera has been returned to Wal-mart for a full refund, and I have my old baby back again!!! Let's just say, Canon cameras ROCK!!!

Click to play Wisconsin Dells
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

7 comments:

Tina said...

Looks like you had a blast!! The pics are great nd you have one sweet hubby!

Anonymous said...

yea i love my Cannon camera!!! We have a Great Wolf Lodge in ohio we love it!!!!

Hugs,Leslie

Megan said...

That is awesome that your camera came back to life. I'm glad that you had such a good time!

Our Family of 5 said...

Looks like fun. Glad you had a good time.

Christina said...

We LOVE Great Wolf. We spent our New Years at one in Ohio. Glad you had a good time.

Mom x 3 said...

Love your pics! Looks like you had a fun time!! Great news about the camera! :)

Kelly said...

It looks like you all had a blast!!!! I loved the video with the water coming out of the floor, so cute!!!!!