Monday, August 18, 2008

Camping...in the backyard (and some other photos)

We had a fun and busy weekend which started with a camping adventure in the backyard on Friday night. We have been wanting to take the kids camping but wonder how they will do sleeping in a tent. So, we pitched the tent in the backyard and away we went. We got started kind of late, so Layna was already in bed by the time the tent was up and ready. It was AWESOME to spend some quality time with Brayden and we could tell that he LOVED all the attention too. So, we pitched the tent, set up the air mattress and started the fire. We listened to music, made s'mores and enjoyed each other's company. Around 9:30 we headed to the tent for bed time. I will admit that once Brayden was asleep, I headed inside to sleep. I was worried that Layna might wake up and need one of us. Matt and Brayden lasted until about 5:30 AM. Matt put Brayden in bed and then he came to bed. He said it was too cold. Do you think we will make it camping? I didn't even try to sleep in the tent and Matt got too cold?!?!?!


 

On Saturday we headed to the Fox River to play on the playground and walk around by the river. Layna joined us for this adventure. They both LOVED the playground. One of the slides was made of some sort of rollers and it was really neat. Brayden went down it over and over and over as did Layna. After playing on the playground, the kids jumped in the wagon and we walked the trail by the river for a little bit. Brayden truly enjoyed looking at the water, but Layna was more excited about a VERY BIG dog that we saw. I think it was a Great Dane. Layna loves dogs so much. From there, we headed home and had Pizza Hut for dinner and slept in our own beds for the night.


 

On Sunday we went to McDonalds for breakfast and did some errands throughout the day...REAL EXCITING!!!


 

Today, Layna woke up a little under the weather...runny nose, sneezing, coughing and a bit crabby. I took several cute photos this morning that I am going to share as well. We are just taking it easy at home since she's not feeling well.


 




My new favorite photo of Daddy and Brayden!


Brayden loved his new Cars water bottle! It came with the Cars sleeping bag that we got at Target for the camping night.


"Helping" daddy put up the tent. He was sooo slap happy and silly...it was a lot of fun


Being silly in the tent


OMG...I am so tired


A cute shot of Brayden looking off into the distance...pondering his next move


As awesome pic taken by daddy of Layna getting ready to climb through the tunnel


Layna sliding


Brayden swinging himself down the cool "roller slide"


Layna climbing her way to the "roller slide"


Getting ready for our stroll along the Fox River


Crossing the Fox River


The Fox River


I am IN LOVE with this photo. Despite not feeling very well, she can still take a great photo!


Brayden being silly on the couch!

7 comments:

Megan said...

Adorable photos! I hope that Layna feels better.

Kelly said...

Your chilkdren are darling!!! I would be like you and sneak inside for the "baby's" sake. LOL uh hmmm LOL We would not last out there either but I think we may try camping in the backyard in a few weeks. That will be hilariousLOL Anyway we have a cool roller slide at one of our parks and did you happen to try it? I did and it felt like I broke my back the next day. LOL Oh well they love it and it they are NOT old LMAO

Ruthanne said...

I would have been inside with Layna too. :)
It looks like the boys had fun though!
Layna is getting SO big. WOW!
LOVE the daddy/Brayden picture.

Jill said...

Everythign looks like SUCH fun... you are brave... We thought of camping in our yard, but then the neighbor said a BEAR walked down our driveway the other night... NO WAY am I getting in a TENT! Sheesh!

Your kids are such cuties!

Tina said...

Ooo, camping in the back yard, fun! Greg always wants to since we have some land, but we are missing a crucial element...a tent! The pics are adorable. I can't wait to see you and the kiddos. I will email you back later today, I was waiting on Greg to pick a day...It will be Wed or Thurs if he comes and he'd like to. I am getting excited now!

Kathy said...

Looks like fun camping! I would go inside too! Love the pics of Layna on the slide...she looks so happy.

Hope everyone is feeling better!

Das Mutter said...

What a super cute idea to camp in the backyard! How big is that tent? It dwarfs Brayden! :) I hope Layna is feeling better.