Monday, October 8, 2007

Your help is working!!!

It has been a while since I have posted. I have been waiting to have more information before posting any news.

Everyone's hard work contacting congress people seems to be helping. I am hearing that a lot of senators and reps are doing what they can to communicate to the Guatemalan government the importance of allowing in=process cases to be completed now that the Ortega Law is being passed.

The newest information that I have heard (credible sources) is the following...

The Hague Permanency Bureau (HPB) has publicly stated their support of allowing all in-process cases to complete under the old laws.

UNICEF is still being vague, but seem to be offering their support and agreement with allowing in-process cases to complete under the old laws as well.

There has been confirmation of an amendment to the Ortega Law that speaks of allowing in-process cases to be completed under the old laws. The ammendment, of course, still has to be voted on in Congress. When that will happen is still up in the air. Rumors talk about tomorros (Oct. 9), Nov. 4 and Nov. 14. So, I can't report when the vote will actually be.

In my opinion, this is all good news. I have a very good feeling about everything, but know in my mind that things can change at any moment. I keep up with the changes and progress of the goings-on.

Please, continue to contact your congress people and UNICEP asking them to support allowing all in-process cases to be allowed to finish under the old laws. Many people in all different states are getting feedback and responses. I unfortunately, am not getting any response or feedback, but I keep writing. You can also visit the following websites to read the "official" word on the items I have referenced.

http://travel.state.gov/family/adoption/country/country_389.html
http://www.guatadopt.com/
http://www.adaguatemala.org/English/news/
http://www.focusonadoption.com/
http://jcics.org/Guatemala5000.htm

We also continue to keep up with the progress of our case. We plan to call PGN again on Oct. 15 and see what the status is on our case. Please help us and pray that we are moving about smoothly within the PGN.

Thank you for all of your support!

P.S. I know many of you are interested in seeing pictures. Our desktop computer got sick, so it is visiting with the Geek Squad. The desktop has all my photos on it, so until it returns home...I am photoless. It is supposed to be coming home today with all the data transferred to a new desktop. I hope everything survived. As soon as I have a chance, I will post some new pics of Brayden. I do not have anything new on Malayna though. I am trying to wait patiently.

No comments: