Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Brought to tears...

I just have to share a story...

Today there was a notice in my mailbox stating that we had a package at the post office that required a signature. I didn't think much of it...Brayden did just have a birthday, so I thought it was a late gift.

After work, Brayden and I went to the post office to pick up the package. When the post office worker handed the package to me, I discovered that it was from Elsa, Brayden's foster mother. I almost broke down in tears right there in the post office. She was and is such an amazing woman...even after a year and two months, she is still thinking about our family. In addition to a gift for Brayden for his birthday, she also included gifts for Matt and myself.

I am at a loss for words. We are very lucky that our Brayden had such a wonderful foster family and we will forever be grateful for what they did for him.

Now, I am off to write a sincere thank you and print out some pictures to send.

Just thought I would share a heartfelt story with all of you. I am so touched by her act of love and kindness

5 comments:

Christina said...

That is really great. The last time we had any contact with Aiden's foster mom was during the holidays last year and we are assuming she got the package but not sure.

Megan said...

That is so sweet! What a really special lady she is.

Our Family of 5 said...

That is fantastic! We have just started communications with Sophia's Foster Family and it has been fantastic!

Braedensmommy said...

Wow, Amy, that is a wonderful story! I think about Braeden's foster mom alot and would love to send her photos of Braeden now.

Kathy said...

That is so nice! How great to have that communication with the foster mother. I send pics of John to the agency to foster but I don't know if she receives them or not. I hope she does.