Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Let the Delays Begin

I should be used to this by now having gone through the adoption process once already. However, hearing news of delays is SOOOOO disheartening.

We are currently waiting on VISA Preapproval (PA). It takes approximately 60 days for the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala to issue PA. Monday will be day 60 for us...good news, right? Unfortunately, it has been brought to my attention that the PA issuing side of the U.S. Embassy will be closed ALL next week. So, that means our PA will get postponed at least a week or more unless by some miracle we receive the much awaited e-mail this week, but the Embassy is also closed today due to a holiday in Guatemala. I know to some of you a week may not seem that long, but when you have already patiently waited 55 days...it's hard to hear that there will be more days to wait than anticipated.

I was so hoping for a smoother process this time around. It's almost like each step slows down when we get to it...UGH!!!

Please pray for our family as we are officially on the roller coaster of Guatemalan adoption! The good news...we get to meet our daughter in two weeks!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'm really sorry to hear that. I know you were hoping that would be done already.

Candy said...

OH girl that STINKS...I swear there is always some Delay that just makes you want to pull your hair out...